Bullying : abuse and mistreatment of someone vulnerable by someone stronger, more powerful, etc. : the actions and behavior of a bully.
Bullying is using your power to make the other feel low, disappointed and depressed.In bullying, people may use the verbal methods, social methods or physical methods for abusing. The verbal methods include taunting,teasing ,calling names or threatening. Social methods include spreading wrong stories, humiliating in front of many. The physical ways include beating, pinching and making rude sign language.
Bullying generally takes place in schools, colleges, coaching, workplace. The common factors in every bully cases is that is occurs frequently and also that one party is stronger and the other is comparatively weaker.
Reasons for bullying
The reason for bullying can be anything under the sun. If I consider myself above all, actions of any second person may seem inferior or substandard. And adding to this, if I start showing my physical and mental powers and start abusing the other, on a regular basis, and the other person is too feeble to respond, I am called a bully.
Aftermath of bullying
- Depression: The person who is bullied starts feeling inferior. He feels bad about it. He thinks that there is no rescue to the situation. He considers himself deserted and thinks that his presence is of no value.
- Anxiety: The person is always worried about the fact the people bully him, and anyone can bully him. He is always afraid to meet the new people.
- Health issues:The person who is bullied does not take any care of himself. Consequently he ignores his diet, does not exercise,and also does not follow his routine. All this leads to the problems related to his physical and mental wellness.
Steps to stop bullying
- Children at school level should talk to their parents if anything unusual is happening with them. Even if you are not up to the mark, no other person on this planet has the right to remind you ofttimes. It is you to decide that how you want to live your life, to change or not, or when to change.
- At college levels, we have Anti-Ragging Communities in every colleges , at least all over India . Even then if anything comes up, you are free to speak up.
- For safety at workplace, one should be aware of the Anti- Bullying laws in India available at internet.
Never wait for the circumstances to pacify on its own, nor do try to adjust with the condition, because at the end of the day, it is you who is wasting you life in suffering and not enjoying.